PHRF-NB Minutes August 2022
Date: Monday, August 29, 2022
- Call to Order: 6:30pm
- Roll Call: Don Kern, Commodore; Will Museler, Rating Chairman; Roy Guay, Treasurer; Bob Horton, Secretary; Ec Helme, committee member; committee member; Ken Madeiro, committee member; Matt Smith, committee member; Kathy Rotsky, PHRF-NB Administrator
III. Approval Meeting Minutes: July 2022 minutes approved by the members present
- a) None
- b) 2022 Certificate #16954 – Mills 41, Final Final, Jon Desmond, owner
- a) 2022 Certificate #16990 – McCurdy and Rhodes 48, Carina, Rives Potts, owner. Clarification on details draft and ‘J’, received, a provisional rating of 57 was assigned.
- b) 2022Certificate #17008 – Baltic 56-03, Runaway Bunny. Ben Mackay, owner. The spinnaker measurements requested have been received and accounted for. A provisional rating of -30 was assigned.
- Ratings Review:
- a) 2022 Certificate #16909 – Swan 48-2- Dragon, Hugh Balloch owner. Awaiting an update by Matt Smith of the review of the information provided by Hugh Balloch to determine if any action should be taken regarding a rating adjustment. Matt Smith provided that the spar would be lighter but that the furling gear would add weight. The 1 ft. taller mast would not be significant. The headsail and the mainsail maintain the same dimensions. The furler for the A-sail is a top down. The members present agreed on a -3 second adjustment for the carbon rig instead of the normal 6 second adjustment due to the internal roller furler. Base rating assigned is 39
VII. Old Business:
- a) Communication with 6 Square on finalization on contract of update to PHRF-NB website.
- i) Have we ensured that the payment for certificate(s) occurs after filling out of the application(s) and that all the required data is present to make a rating before it can be acted upon by the committee? – What are the required blanks to be filled out? What additional drop downs do we want, a $100.00 fee for expedited processing.
viii. New Business:
- a) A Luders 24 Certificate 16428, Nan Hall owner, has been racing with a non-declared spinnaker not reflected on their certificate. Committee recommended that the Race Committee Chairman at BYC be notified.
- b) Meeting September 26th – An in person dinner meeting was voted by members present for September. Kathy Rotsky to find a location and query members.
VIII. Adjournment: 7:35pm